Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My ears aren't ringing - they're roaring

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh lord! I drove all the way to Seattle and back last night (4 hours one way) to see Flogging Molly for the 7th time. Yes, they are that good.

Not much time to post, except to say that they played a number of songs that I've either never heard live, or hadn't heard in a long long time. Such highlights were "Factory Girls," sung by Bridget, "Queen Anne's Revenge" sung by Nathen, "Son Never Shines on Closed Doors" (once again with Bridget singing), "Grace of God Go I," "Another Bag of Bricks," "Worst Day Since Yesterday," and.... and.... "DELILIAH!!!!!!!!!!"

I really could die of happiness, but alas, there is archaeology class to attend! Updates to follow.

What the hell is that sound??

2 comments:

Diane S. said...

Oh! I hope you had a fabulous time!

Are you black & blue from slam dancing? Do people slam dance anymore? Damn shame if they don't. Nothing quite like that feeling of waking up and realizing you are both hung over, have had the hell beaten out of you, and have lost another 5% of your hearing.

Anonymous said...

Hell yes for Flogging Molly. I'm going to see them Wednesday for the 7th or 8th time and am stoked! the best part during Deliliah is the crowd shouting out "you bitch, you slut, you whore" outta the blue. Mhhh. I can't wait.