Jeezusfugginchrist.... you'd have thought his would've been bigger news: Worst Ever Oil Spill on Alaska's North Slope. Why did I have to read about this originally on the Irish fucking Independent? Why aren't people SCREAMING about this here???
My favorite line from the Independent's article is this: "Initial hopes expressed by BP that the spill was limited to just a few tens of thousands of gallons proved to be over-optimistic, however." That was an OPTIMISTIC hope?
On the bright side, at least his gave me something to turn my grumpiness on to. I almost took it out on the waiter at McMenamin's who ignored me for twenty minutes, but then he turned out to be cute and mumbly-shy and gave me a free beer for my troubles, so I couldn't possibly have been angry with him. There are many ways to this girl's heart, but a surefire express route is free brew.
Now I just have to get over my recent library phobia and trot on back downtown to study. What the hell, I used to spend Friday nights as a teenager in the library. Why am I avoiding it now?
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First, the correct expression is Jesus-Christ-On-A-Biscuit! (Something people actually say in Texas. I'm not sure what it means, but I like it.)
I've actually found the Irish Fucking Independent to often be among the first to break American news stories on the net. Odd, isn't it? But then, maybe our press sources are under a wee bit of pressure to not break bad news? Nah. That could never happen.
When my son had a class that met in the computer lab in the library last semester he was really bummed. He would have to break his streak of never having set foot in the campus library since becoming a student there. He still doesn't ever go there for library purposes. Funny, huh, since I work in one?
Post a Comment