Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And so it begins

Clothes are packed, presents in the car, dishes in the washer, laundry done, trash taken out (3x), TV unplugged, bathroom cleaned, boxes stuffed in closets, heat off, I'm showered and scrubbed and somewhat presentable. All I need now is to pick out the traveling CDs, sweep the kitchen and I'm off! Back home, down the soggy I-5 to the land of fog, more rain, good food, pets, sisters, crackling cedar in the fireplace and football on the TV (both kinds).

I do have to tag along for the extended family visit up in the Seattle/Tacoma area. Best brush up on my Afghanistan war stories and definitely my Euro backpacking adventures. Sigh.... Holidays are stressful....

4 comments:

Sara said...

Dammit Charlie, now I'm gonna be put on some tuhrist watch list! The goons will be at my door after rappelling from the black helicopters!

Some kid in college recently had a visit from the Department of the Fatherland - I mean - Homeland Security for checking out Mao's "Little Red Book" for a class. A class on fascism.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm already on that list.

Anonymous said...

pgp and anonymous ip. I'm on their list too for being an anarchist. they can get around those two things I mentioned above bu I try to make it as hard as possible. i'm gonna laugh my ass off from sweeden when bushler becomes der furher.


been called terrorist over 500 times
Paul S

Diane S. said...

You're right Sara. You (and I, and probably Charlie) are already on the lists. There are files on us. Our blogs are being read by FBI agents.

Dear FBI agent. Merry Christmas. Don't you find this demeaning? I mean you went to the Academy for this?

Oh! Sara! You! Me! Very, very scary!!!

ginaemory said...

BTW, that story about the kid getting a visit from Homeland Security over requesting Mao's book - a hoax. He fessed up just a few days ago. Silly boy.