Earlier tonight I had to make a quick run into Portland to get my sis her Christmas present. At some point in downtown I suddenly realized that there were entirely too many people on board. And I noticed that they weren't the typical train riders. In fact, they bore a striking resemblance to the aforementioned Volvo-driving, latte-sippers and they all seemed to know each other. This fact wasn't significant in itself as it just furthered my theory that I'm the only person in Portland that doesn't know every other person in Portland. But certainly these people didn't have business in NE? Gangland was no place for this crowd.
"Rose Garden!" someone near the door excitedly shouted, echoing the intercom system. They lined up to get out and I questioned one woman as to what exactly was happening at the Rose Garden. "U2," she replied. I threw my head back, "Ugh, I'm jealous!" I had tried to get a ticket over a month ago. It was sold out, but the ticket price still remained for display: cheapest tix, $90.
After an hour at the mall, I thought I had escaped the concertgoers. Unfortunately, I had run into the early crowd before and now another group was heading in. These guys were all awash in the last time they'd seen U2, how it was "the best concert ever" because it was the last stop of the tour, which tonight was to be as well, and how, "the encore went on and on." When we pulled up to the Rose Garden again, there were people outside, clapping and singing... perhaps the same people who had gotten off earlier and had enough boozing to be this rambunctious.
I got home, depressed that I missed the show and put my playlist on random. Apparently, "random" means 20 straight goddamn U2 songs plus a few other things thrown in at the end. My computer hates me.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment