My internet went out last night! It was terrible. I started doing crazy things, like trying to organize my CD collection, clean out my closet and empty storage bins - ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Of course none of it got done so there's stuff scattered throughout the house. Jeez. AND THEN I decided to take a well-deserved bath. A real bath. See, I haven't had a real bathtub in five years. I was saving this occasion. Turns out the FUCKING DRAIN DOESN'T PLUG.
This morning I woke up to a wrong number from the Ft. Drum area, rolled out of bed and immediately smashed my toe right into the storage bin I had been putting my CDs. Cursing, I hopped out of the bedroom to find that.... THE INTERNET STILL WASN'T WORKING!!!
"GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed. Then I called the cable company. It took thirty seconds to fix. The mess? Still on the floor.
But I did find a subway pass for Seoul; a bag of things labeled, "STRAP, RETENTION, EYE"; a zeroing target for an M16 (all shot up and shit! yesss!); a year's supply of baby wipes, ziploc bags, spiced chai mix, foot powder, and listerine; and a raisin. Ok, I found a lot more than that, but those were the highlights. See, I was planning on going to Iraq and I was planning on that being a lot like Afghanistan - a year-long camping trip hours from a grocery store. Tony tells me I'd have been better off packing hangers and a set of linens. Spoiled motherfuckers. I lived in tents and mudhuts! And those were the good days!
Plus, I was so stressed out about the lack of connectivity that I totally forgot about White Trash Wednesday at the Cheerful Tortoise! So much for cheap pitchers of PBR. Oh well, tomorrow Kell's has a soccer game on TV and pipers on stage so maybe I can get some rowdy Irish guys to buy me some real beer.
*grumble*
Update: Ugh, nevermind, the game is at 7 *AM*. Forget that.
Update II: Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I can't even read a calendar right! Both the game and the pipers are TOMORROW NIGHT. *throws things* The band tonight wasn't all that bad - a few Pogues covers and some traditional songs - but they weren't pipers and the crowd was mostly college students. I realize that I'm soon to be a college student, but I'm older than most. They make me angry these young, spoiled things. And for no reason, either! I need to mellow out... and drag some friends out with me.
*more grumbling*
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haaa!Haaa!Haaa! Same here when the lightening fried our gear...kept walking past the computer hopefully hoping that all the lights would flicker and the beeps would beem...after we deposited $300 IN THE TECHNICIAN'S WALLET - all systems were go again...its a hard enough life for us...
My family is coming for Christmas. I mean the whole fam-damn-ily. They've rented a house for us in the country side. Quaint. Certain to be lovely. Cozy. Good food. BUT NO INTERNET ACCESS! How can I explain that I can't come?
I understand the anger at the young college students. It isn't just that they're spoiled. It's that their young and stupid and most are too young and stupid to realize they are young and stupid. The wisdom of age is merely the the realization of how much you don't know.
I corresponded briefly with a young collegiate Marxist who was completely content to bend and twist the whole world to fit nicely into a Marxist paradigm, and I tried, oh! how I tried! to convey to him that paradigms are limited and that reality is never that nicely lined up or organized or simple. Did he get it? Oh no! He simply wrote me more rhetoric...
Aarrgghh! The young!!!
Post a Comment