This guy, Ben, actually put his counseling from his commander on his blog! That takes some balls! Holy shit, I wish I had been brave enough to do that back when I had the opportunity. Perhaps one day I'll put up the Certificate of Achievement they gave me for doing over 35 combat patrols in Afghanistan. Not that I'm bitter about that or anything. Anyway, his rantings give a pretty funny and accurate description of the total incompetence of army leadership, defiance - and even contempt - of logic and the general frustrations of being subordinate to a group of people who seem to operate in a universe where it's always opposite day. I especially enjoyed the spelling errors put into writing by the MI commander.
I really need to get Tony a Christmas present and I'm having a very difficult time deciding on what he could possibly need or use (other than the obvious trip back to America without that whole pesky AWOL/desertion charge). He's a computer goddamn genius, has an infinite number of movies, doesn't like junk food or coffee (I know! I can't believe I'm in a relationship with somebody who doesn't like coffee!), can't drink, doesn't seem to read fiction... He reads non-fiction, but things like stock markets and financial planning and computer programming and I just don't want to go treading into his territory and get him something stupid. I mean, he takes care of his own needs just fine. I can't even get him any clothes because he can't wear anything other than his uniform for the next 10 months! He deserves something nice, seeing as he's in such a not-nice place, but lord I just can't think of anything!
Anyone have any suggestions?
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment