Once again drove up the big I-5 to B-town. The drive goes so much more pleasantly with great music. I sang my head off and arrived with a hoarse voice. Today's winners were Johnny Cash - When the Man Comes Around and Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose. Yee haw.
Went grocery shopping and only waited in line for 30 minutes! Wow! That's got to be a record or something. I guess all the millions of cars in the parking lot were there for Christmas shopping or the movie theater. Speaking of movies, I want to see Walk the Line badly. Hopefully it's playing as a matinee tomorrow. Maybe I'll hit Jarhead, too!
Thanksgiving was really nice. There was tons of food, wine, pies and leftovers. Everyone was home for once and we didn't have to drive anywhere. There weren't any fights and Dad made a huge fire.
Now the Christmas shopping begins. The Iraq crew will be late in receiving their presents, as the deadline to mail them has passed, but they will get them in January, at least and that's better than never. So far for the old platoon we've got kettle corn, smoked salmon, some fancy shmancy coffee, and candy. Tony is getting... well, Tony might actually stop by here sometime and read this (ha!) so I probably shouldn't mention it.
Anyone have any great shopping adventures coming up? Going on vacation anywhere?
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment