I have 3 sports channels. At any given moment on one of these 3 channels there is a poker game on. WHEN DID CARDS BECOME A SPORT????? As we speak the channel lineup looks like this: poker, figure skating, and.... A SPELLING BEE????????? In case anyone forgot, soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Why must it be so difficult to watch a friggin game? Even the good ol' Cheerful Tortoise with its 30 TVs wasn't playing any soccer today. Every TV in the place was on some football game. All of the important football games were played yesterday (Seattle, Pittsburgh) so this must have been a stupid bowl game, which is even less interesting. *grumble*
Oh, and since when is January 2nd a holiday? All the buildings on campus were closed and I didn't get any mail.
On the bright side, it was a really nice day. Cloudy and sunny all at the same time, giving the city a textured beautiful look. I got all dressed up (which means I wore a clean t-shirt and my leather jacket) and was looking quite lovely. A homeless man even said so! I found a new way to walk to campus from the train stop through a nice park with a bunch of statues in it.
Best of all I think I figured out what to do this summer: ROAD TRIP THROUGH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course there are details to be worked out, but I'll get to that eventually. Hostels, concerts, no responsibilities.... ahhhh, I can't wait!
Update: Does FSN read my blog? Cuz there's soccer on all of the sudden. haha! THANK YOU TV GODS!
Monday, January 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
When people tell me I look lovely I say, "Thanks, I bathed."
The road trip sounds excellent. Of course I tend to look at everything in terms of - AH, I could write a book about THAT! And, wow, could you ever.
got all dressed up (which means I wore a clean t-shirt and my leather jacket)
Yay! Sara got all gussied up!
I love Canada! We visit the place as often as possible. At least, the western part. Not so sure how I'd like the eastern part. It seems like it might be a lot like the east coast, all big city and crowded (well, as crowded as Canada can get). But that might be (probably is) completely wrong. Regardless, I think a road trip across Canada would be a great summer adventure. Just be sure to plan for lots of wide open spaces with nary a hostel in sight! It's a huge place with very few people, relatively speaking.
Post a Comment