As I'm walking in the rain
The birds are screamin in my ear
and it's driving me insane
The birds are screamin in my ear
and it's driving me insane
OK, sorry to beat you about the head again with my current fixation of Flogging Molly, but this song has been in my head all week and it is, in fact, driving me insane. But in a good way, I suppose.
Speaking of Flogging Molly, they have tour dates posted through March only - none of which include an Oregon show - and there are rumors of a new album. That's great news, except that making an album means not touring. So what am I going to do? Well, I'm going to drive all the way up to Seattle and back on a WEEKNIGHT to see them. Am I crazy? Absolutely. But we've established that loooooooong ago and it's entirely beside the point here. The point is, they're really the kind of band that inspires otherwise lazy individuals to drive four hours in one direction just to get a fix. They're THAT addictive. Really.
School is just great. There's no other way to describe it. I sit in class for an hour or so, learning all kinds of crazy things and then I go home. Sometimes I stop at the Cheerful Tortoise, have a beer or three and watch some soccer. Sometimes I take the long way over to the train stop and see some of Portland's neighborhoods. Most of the time that I'm outdoors it's raining, but that's ok, too. The cafeteria this morning was playing Air America (a liberal talk radio network) and even the VA office has friendly people in it. I can hardly believe how different life is from just one year ago. Amazing!

5 comments:
Sounds so good Sara.
Wiat! I commented here. Damn it! Where did I go?
Okay Sara. You won. I finally gave in and logged into Rhapsody and looked up Flogging Molly. Totally rocks. Who knew you could smash Celtic and Punk and come up with such good music.
And oh! I'm jealous about school! What I wouldn't give to have the chance to go back and do it all over again. The happiest time of my life it was. Enjoy. Let each moment disolve on your tongue. Life will never be like this again.
Oooooo!! What songs did ya listen to?? I love my Rhapsody.... find such neat stuff on there. I particularly enjoy Clash radio. Boy, if I'd known you hadn't heard any Flogging Molly before I'd have marched you straight over to the downloads!
Rhapsody rocks. Anytime you have a song playing in your head, you can have it at your fingertips. It's also almost broken me of my CD collection. So much easier to type in the name of a song, or album, than to dig it out and put it on.
I listed to "What's Left of the Flag." Totally cool.
Most excellent. A friend of mine once said, and I've echoed it, "If I die in this fucked up war, I want this song played at my funeral. People will think it's all patriotic and shit, but someone will know better." haha. It's a terrific anti-war song.
Walk away me boy, walk away me boy
And by morning we'll be free
Wipe that golden tear from your mother dear
And raise what's left of the flag for me
Fuck yeah. I'd recommend some others in particular but, jesus, they're all fucking good. Can't narrow it down any.
Post a Comment