Tuesday, June 27, 2006
World Cup Whining
Has the refereeing in the World Cup always been this bad? This is the first Cup I've been able to sit down and watch nearly all of and I absolutely can't believe all the poor reffing. Last fall when I had nothing to do but loaf around my parents house with the TV set on the soccer channel, I watched a whole lot of English Premier League, the German League, Argentine, Italian, blah blah blah, and with the exception of the Sudamericano Cup, the refs were flawless; I hardly even noticed them. When one of Italy's players took a dive in the penalty box yesterday, with four seconds left in the game, and was subsequently awarded a penalty kick that won it for them, I nearly decided to stop watching the Cup entirely. What a joke. There have been so many - sooooooo many! - bad calls in these games it's unbelievable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I've been wondering the same damn thing. I was flabbergasted by that call, but it's just one of many terrible calls I've seen this year. Like you, when we were in the UK watching soccer, the refs were invisible.
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
Post a Comment