Monday, February 27, 2006

Work? Nah, time for a nap!

I was going to write a witty post last night about my amazing procrastination, but then..... well...... I didn't. Neither did I write the paper I struggled all weekend to finish. I did however, look at topo maps online and plot out next weekends hiking/showshoeing, did a few dishes before realizing that the dishes had been dirty all week and the only reason I was washing them was to avoid doing my paper, did some pushups (yeah, really. so shoot me.), forgot entirely about the Toasters show I had a ticket for, went for a walk, looked for apartments that I'm not moving into until the end of August and stared at the computer a lot. What a waste of a weekend.

Friday, however, I did have a very Portland moment. I was sitting in a place called Porky's Pub in wayyyyyy north North Portland (affectionately dubbed 'NoPo') admist a bunch of cute hipster boys with their facial hair in various stages of unshavedness. No one carded me, no one gave me a hard time for sitting there for two hours without drinking anything. There were microbrews and PBR everywhere and a girl was playing the accordian. I think I'll go back.

4 comments:

Middle Child said...

Sounds a good place to be Sara. Have a tipple on me when you go there again...

Amy said...

Hipster boys can be so amusing, can't they? Of course... I admit to be a bit too old for hipster boys any more... much like I am a bit too old for hipster pants... or hipster anything for that matter... I'm 36 you see... and just like the movie says - trust no one over 30... heh. I believe that.

But, I love to find cool, relaxed places like you're talking about... ya know... where you don't feel conspicuous and can just hang out and have a good time.

Eh... sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

It is now full on gay male and the place is not so friendly anymore. New owner really f'd the place up. Sad to see such a cool bar go to hell.

Anonymous said...

look nice blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] vicodin withdrawal [/url]

http://trailfire.com/vicodin1
[url=http://trailfire.com/vicodin1] buy vicodin online no prescription [/url]