Some things I blame the army for, that may or not even be remotely related:
- I work better in the morning. If I have an assignment due, I get up several hours early and I'll get it done, plus some other studying that I didn't even need to do. In the afternoon, however, I could have hours of freetime and instead I end up on sites like this one or rockin out to music or going for a run.
- I rolled and taped the straps on my backpack. I even found black tape for it! Who does that?
- I nearly had a goddam heartattack yesterday when I stepped off the train and jackhammer started up at a nearby construction site. Spent the next half mile walk trying to determine if it was faster or slower than a .50 cal.
- I expect any paperwork will require at least a half an hour in line. When finally arriving at the front, I fully expect to be devoured whole by the evil troll behind the desk. Any time the above doesn't happen I think, "Wow! I can't believe that was so easy!"
- It's supposed to snow this week. I don't even question that the 10th Mountain Division is behind this.
- I'm convinced my landlord is going to invite himself in one day while I'm at school and leave an eviction notice because it's unclean. Or at the very least empty the trash bin on the floor, scatter papers around the house and put my dirty socks in the freezer. In fact, I'm so paranoid about it that when I hear people near the steps, I start frantically putting things in cupboards so that it doesn't LOOK messy.
On the bright side, at least I have an excuse for being a wacko.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny thing that..Our dog, sleeps in the only part of the hall where he can see into our bedroom, the spare bedroom, and the lounge and kitchen. He can also see the front and back door.
In his old house he used to sleep in the kitchen doorwar and yes, he could see the front and back door, and also the entrances to both our daughter's bedrooms, plus the kitchen and lounge room windows.
He also puts his back to me when people come to the door, and sits on my foot basically leaning on me but showing them his big jaws and barking.
We could learn a lot from the dogs.
I have had no training at all but am uncomfortable with my back to any door...
I just know I couldn't outrun a speeding bullet... think about dropping to the floor and pretendin I am already dead might work better for me.
I know Viet Nam vets who still will not sit with their backs to anyone, will not stay above the first floor of a hotel, and will scope out all the exits before they go in the room, and who still jump at sudden noises.
It's a long road home, Sara. Though I'm hardly qualified to comment personally.
- Diane
P.S. The snow is the 10th Mountain Divisions fault.
Post a Comment