Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tag?

Bah. Only because Diane S tagged me. :-)

Four jobs I've had:

  1. Scrollmonkey (too long an explanation for here)

  2. Oppressor of Indigenous Populations, Afghanistan

  3. Middle Manager, Division of Gofers

  4. Bum, Undergrad


Four movies I can watch over and over

  1. Mars Attacks!

  2. SLC Punk

  3. Office Space

  4. Any Indiana Jones movie. Except maybe Temple of Doom. Come to think of it, I don't own any of them!


Four pieces of music I love (this might be easier if it were four *hundred* pieces of music)

  1. Beethoven's Piano Sonata #8, Pathetique

  2. "Rudy Can't Fail" - The Clash

  3. "Thousands are Sailing" - The Pogues

  4. "The Man Who Sold the World" - the Nirvana version


Four books I could have read over and over

  1. Ishmael - Daniel Quinn

  2. Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein

  3. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M Pirsig

  4. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien


Four sites I visit every day:

  1. Highland Dreams

  2. A Stone, a Leaf, an Unfound Door

  3. Steve Gilliard's Newsblog

  4. The Company Bitch


Four places I have lived:

  1. Philomath, OR

  2. Gettysburg, PA

  3. Anjungni, Korea

  4. Watertown, NY



Four TV shows I love

  1. The Daily Show

  2. MXC


  3. Hmm, love is a pretty strong word for a TV show...



Four places I've vacationed:

  1. Hawaii

  2. Glacier National Park, Montana

  3. Bitteroot National Forest, Idaho/Montana

  4. London


Four of my favorite dishes:

  1. cheesy scrambled eggs. w/ hash browns, bacon, toast, coffee, (black), tea (tons of milk & sugar), AND cranberry juice!

  2. giant black bean burrito w/ tons of guacamole

  3. HOT (lots of kgo-chu-jong) bulgogi and rice. w/ Korean ginseng tea and lots of water

  4. cheap, greasy fishnchips, soaked in vinegar, coated in salt. w/ beer and rain

    Four places I would rather be right now:

  5. in the mountains, near a river to fish, with marshmallows to roast

  6. at a Flogging Molly show

  7. The UK (this time with money to spend)

  8. in my car, no destination but far


Four things I would like to change about the world:

  1. more books, less cars (I'd like to build a library on top of every NASCAR track. that'll learn 'em!)

  2. more penguins, less assholes (Slow/stop/reverse the humanmade destruction of the environment and the earth)

  3. more trees, less bush! (The year 2000's presidential election)

  4. gravity. but only temporarily.

3 comments:

ginaemory said...

Sara, I have to tell you...you're having an impact on me. We put on a "teen cafe" at the library last week where the kids could have free coffee, tea, or lemonade and we played music and set aside a part of our lobby for them... well, one of the gals on staff went to pull some CDs to play during this event. She pulled all this "greatest hits of 75" compilation crap. I told her that would never do and went to the CD bin to see what was in (the good stuff is mostly all checked out). I found a Flogging Molly CD and snagged it, some Michelle Branch, Rob Thomas, Death Cab for Cutie, and replaced the other CDs with those. The kids took one look at Flogging Molly and were ecstatic. I even went and got my personal copy of Elephunk for them to listen to. They decided we librarians aren't so bad after all. I owe it all to you. I had never heard of Flogging Molly until I read your blog. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Diane S. said...

Thanks for being a good sport.

"Oppressor of Indigenous Populations" I knew you'd write something that delighted me.

There is no denying that Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones was the bomb (and a really sexy bomb at that.)

What? No Flogging Molly in your favorite music? Or is Flogging Molly more an experience thing?

I love Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Madness. Ishmael was a little heavy for me. I haven't read Starship Troopers, but I'm a Heinlein fan so I'll give it a try

I'm pretty addicted to the Company Bitch too. We'll talk.

Not much into TV are you? I used not to be. I used to own a small portable black & white set that came down each evening at 5:30 for the news and went promptly back to the closet. My marriages corrupted me.

You'll have to write me about Glacier National Park sometime. Did you see the Aurora Borealis?

All your food sounds yummy.

I adore the things you'd like to change about the world.

Someday when your in your car with the destination as "far", I hope you'll come visit me. I promise to take you to a river where you can fish and drink beer and roast marshmallows.

Thanks again for being a good sport!

Sara said...

Gina! Hooray!!!!! This really makes me happy. Spreading music really REALLY makes me happy! They sound like cool kids. :D

Diane - yes, Flogging Molly is more of an experience. Plus, I couldn't bear to pick just *one* song.

We'll discuss Heinlein. Or, rather, I'll ask and *you'll* discuss, heheh!