Most of last weekend was taken up by a paper and this weekend it is not only raining, but I seem to have come down with either a stomach bug or food poisoning. I'm averaging one unpleasant run to the toilet every 35 minutes. This sucks.
Yesterday was nice. I hung out with Petey, my friend's son, whom I haven't seen since he was four months old (he's four years old, now!). It was great fun. We went exploring, drew maps, climbed mountains, sailed the ocean twice, fought our way through jungles and Target (yes, as in the store. We went there earlier in the day, but I still found it funny that he even drew the logo on the map), read a book about pirates and read a book based on the movie Ice Age 2.
Petey, iffin' he can't make it to Neverland to meet his namesake and Captain Hook (who he claims is "really nice once you get to know him," despite his ill reputation when dealing with little boys named Pete), wants to be an explorer when he grows up. Evidently, explorers wear big boots (even with shorts), a pack with a rolled up map tucked into the side and stomp when they walk (except when they're sneaking. Then they stomp in slow motion).
OK, had to run to the bathroom again. Did I mention that my toilet is broken and that I have to fill up the tank using buckets of shower water to get it to flush? Again, this sucks.
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'd feel bad about posting too much info, but then *I* was the one who puked 7 times in four hours, so my bad feelings are a little preoccupied. Sympathy was what I was looking for. *pouts*
Whiskey kills every bug known to man and woman... but strangely leaves a punding headache in its wake if too much is administered... Lightly boiled eggs aaaarrrggghh...given me hard as concrete boiled eggs any day...we're tough down under...cement eggs I say...at lease they are cooked...noneof the slimey cleary white stuff hanging off like so much...! whatever
hope you are better now sara
Thanks guys! I'm now sipping ginger ale and snacking on saltines and jello. Mmm, sick food!
Sara,
I'm so sorry you're feeling ill. I'd personally rather dance on a bed of nails than puke. Nothing worse.
I think Petey is absolutely fabulous. You should write a book about him.
(Do you have younger siblings? You're obviously quite good with children.)
Feel better!
Diane
We in the pro-war left consider the war in iraq not a war as such but the means to bring the forward march of libery to the broader middle east. Victory will be a
blow for totalitanism ,Iraq will shine like a beacon over throughout
the greater middle east.
We will support it in this blog (harrys place) but including serving in iraq such as desk job in the green zone should our
security or helicopters be arranged.
We consider anyone not supporting this great freedom struggle, the noble cause of our age/time a coward for struggles ahead
the hiperlink above is link to the
U.S. Marine crops.
David T: Aww, how adorable, you actually think 'victory' is still possible in Iraq. I remember when I still thought that, right back after my first tour there. Those were bright idealistic days, before I realized the utter incompetence and corruption of our current administration. That realization sure made my _second_ tour a alot of fun, lemme tell ya! But you still think Shrubya's War has a chance of 'success', which is defined this week as "Bringing Democracy To Iraq! (And we never said nuthin' 'bout no WMD, nuh uh)" That's just so precious! Awww...
Too bad you don't have the guts to back it up unless someone in green is providing your security for you. Don't worry, the grunts are used to providing protection for useless dead weight.
I apologize. My son is obviously off his medication again....
Oh, the trials of motherhoood.
Post a Comment