Thursday, April 13, 2006

Morons, Morons Abound

Last term I had to sign up for an environmental issues newsletter called Tidepool and never cancelled the subscription. It's a very informative daily wrap-up of the latest environmental happenings, particularly concerned the NW. It is also rather depressing and I therefore rarely actually read it. Let's take a look some of today's newstories:

First off, we have the Idiot of Idaho, the president of the Idaho Anti-Wolf Coalition, whose
"voter initiative calls for removal of all wolves from Idaho." He makes various lame excuses as to why he wants the wolves removed, and despite his evidence being weak (he claims the wolves are killing too many elk, yet the elk harvest was a record high this year) he says, "We're not anarchists and we're not Aryan Nation wolf-killers, but if something isn't done about these wolves, mark my word, there will be civil disobedience." Ugh, rednecks.

Second, and most depressing, Canada's newly elected conservatives wreak havoc by cutting - by 80% - national programs dedicated to fighting global warming. The best part is that they only elminated the programs, not the people who work there, so essentially they are still paying a staff who have no work and no budget. Brilliant.

There was other great news, but luckily for you my internet connection is having fits and I don't have the patience to copy, paste and click anymore with it.

8 comments:

Diane S. said...

This makes me want to run screaming through the house and then put my head in the oven. Sadly, it's an electric oven. Not exactly a smart move.

You gotta love the president of the Idaho Anti-Wolf Coalition. A million tragedies in the world, and the one about which he threatens civil disobedience is the relatively benign existence of wolves?!?

Sara said...

Diane, it's not the wolves that these worthless sacks are concerned about, it's the existence of "environmentalists." I use quotes because the redneck definition of an environmentalist is a bit different than the rest of society's. In this particular case, an "environmenalist" is what the rest of us would call a scientist. No quotes needed. An "environmenalist" can also be a dirty hippy, an outdoorsman who happens to believe in conservation, someone with a funny haircut, etc etc. This is what the rednecks perceive as a threat and they start all sorts of little groups to try and make it seem like *they* represent the majority opinion and that these "environmentalists" are just out-of-touch fruitcakes.

Charlie - You're in a lovely mood! That's what you get for READING, you heathen!!!!! But seriously, if I lived in Britain, I'd be worried. Little island, rising sea levels, northerly latitude that makes its mild weather dependent on an ocean current that may or may not last....

Dammit, my oven is electric, too!

Anonymous said...

632C5R09OW8


ftssoldier.blogspot.com
www.edwardsaid.org

Elmo, Brian Van Reet, Sara You’re missing the point. The problem with Imperialism is that,it cannot function without popular support. Remember Vietnam had no oil
and "French" Algeria just didn't have enough oil.
Populous Imperialism Demands that Iraq to be occupied indirectly, with the white men keeping real control. The prowar "progressive" supports these aims as much as
Niall Fergusons crowd. The main difference is that the Prowar "progressives" it only
supports elections so LOOKS Progressive, the more wogs voting the better it looks.
Christopher Hitchens' Harrys place, Nick Cohen, Hillary Rodham Clinton and George packer
basicly all share John Stuart Mill mindset such as Social Liberalism at home, but B52s for Mussies/niggers Abroad.
Don't Underestimate it because right now in the U.S. there is no mainstream polical group calling for withdraw of all troops from iraq, just lots annoying bush bashing.
IN dublin only 600 took part in this years anti-war domo,there were no young poeple
leading it, just leftwing 50 somethings TDs and Senaters.
In the europe the iraq war Generally viewed is a clash between the anglosaxon world
(bush/Blair) and Francophone world (Chirac/Schroeder)even though it is nothing of the sort plus russia has been spreading
"Freedom/liberty" in Chechnya .
In britian 25% of "lablour movement" supports the iraq war, this faction calls its self the
"prowar left" (Harrys place/Nick Cohen) it does so in the loudest possible way on the internet/media.


The hyperlink above should allow us understand this polical mindset, it is a profile
of John Stuart Mill.
no Offence meant just a tough

Sara said...

I agree, the pro-war "progressives" have got to go. Hillary Clinton, Joe Lieberman, etc... I'm not as familiar with their British counterparts. I followed the link to Harry's Place from that cretin David T and found it a snore, so I didn't investigate too deeply. They're supposedly progressive, eh? Bah. Let them fight.

I wouldn't despair over the low turnout in Dublin. There were low turnouts nearly everywhere and while that is a little disheartening, the actual support for the war has gone down, even here in the US. Just last month I went to an anti-war rally with 9,000-10,000 people in attendance. There were old people, little kids, teenagers... I marched next to a couple of 10-year-olds who were leading chants!

Besides, how involved in the war is Ireland? I can see how people would be upset over the Shannon flights, the possible torture connection, but there are protests at Shannon all the time (supposedly). Otherwise, this war isn't affecting Ireland a whole lot. The economy is booming, right? What's there to be upset about?

I think Americans in general are getting fed up with this war. We'll see if "being fed up" is actually going to accomplish anything, though. Maybe I'm just cynical.

Thanks for the interesting links and reading, 632C5R09OW8!

Anonymous said...

632C5R09OW8


ftssoldier.blogspot.com
www.edwardsaid.org

"The economy is booming, right? What's there to be upset about?"

Thats part of the problem because
the country becoming too dependent on America firms so the none existent political theory goes that to be anti-American, will result the factories moving to
"Grateful" Pro-America Poland
(72% poles want Troop withdraw)
even though there is virtually
no evidence such a claim.
Plus the fact the Iraq war viewed
as choice between siding with the Eurowinies (Chirac/Schroeder) or the
Anglosaxons (bush/Blair) even though this is absurd.

And another thing (bush/Blair) didn’t invent GWOT.
In 1994 Yestin went into Chechnya
justifying it as fight against an international Muslim terrorist
conspiracy taking over an oil rich region first/the world second.
At the moment Putins handing of
Chechnya is 65% i think.#

Their British counterparts in the "prowar left" have just produced an idiotic "Progressive" Muslim bashing document called the "The Euston Manifesto".
Harry's Place all over it# .

All is not lost the hyperlink above should link you to a good
site.

www.davespartblog.blogspot.com
www.irishresistancebooks.com/
www.struggle.ws/wsm/north.htmljusts

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

sara,
Keep up the good work and the nice writing. I enjoy stopping in and reading the perspective of one who swims in the trenches. My oven is electric as well... Maybe I'll just climb in the tub and toss the oven in with me...? :>/

Sara said...

I enjoy your comments on OVV, Poetryman. Thanks for stopping by here, too!

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

You are most welcome, my friend. Feel free to criticize, or what have you, on Poetic Justice (Don't burn the flag. Wash it!). It is always best to hear from the horses mouth, so to speak, than let it stand as is. There are several videos on the site and poetry that I would enjoy getting your particular perspective on. If you so choose I would be grateful.

Thank you for speaking out, Sara.

I visit many a "militaryesque" blog from time to time to stay in touch with the reality that has set upon us like a storm.

Peace.