I love Molly Ivins. Her column on Alternet provides a good example of why: "The political fight over global warming is over, except for the Bush administration, which has some weird problem with science in general. I'm still not sure what's behind that: I recall Rush Limbaugh and the radio right taking great glee in pooh-poohing the Kyoto treaty and the whole idea of global warming. Maybe they associated global warming with Canadians or something equally awful."
Spent the weekend down in the land where even the internet packets are sent by horse and buggy: Philomath, OR. It was impossibly dark, even in the middle of the day, and it poured nearly nonstop. I had just enough time for a dog walk and a half hour bike ride before it started raining again. No wonder I was depressed as a teenager. On the bright side, there were tons of good food, my wonderful dog Harper, and plenty of beer and wine. Watching The 40-Year-Old Virgin with the parents was a bit uncomfortable, but the movie was hysterical enough that it made up for it.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
632C5R09OW8
ftssoldier.blogspot.com
www.edwardsaid.org
The link above should bring you anthor website:
muscularliberalswatch.blogspot.com/
what did of David T Stupid postings on the exiles blog:
exile-blog.blogspot.com
Hopeful, Not a presonal question what does brian think of situation in iraq
now that he deployed in that country?.
632C5R09OW8, "Sail Away" is the only post that I authored at OneVeteransVoice. The rest belong to Brian. I don't want to speak for him and he is much more articulate than I am anyway, so check in the archives over at OVV to get a feel for how Brian feels about Iraq.
Charlie, over at that article someone left at comment encouraging all of us buying into this global warming thing to read a scifi novel by Michael Crichton that will surely change our minds. What tools.
I have already drooled over Amy's new pup. I am jealous. One day I will have a house that allows pets and I won't have to drive 70 miles to see mine. One day.....
You know this global warming thing... if it wre true the first place I'd do some research is in the scientific writings of Michael Crichton! That's enough to make me want to rig voting machinery and disenfranchise the white voter!
Nice post, by the way. Oregon, eh? By the sound of it you got the rain that the rest of the world needs...
Post a Comment