Monday, April 03, 2006

The Bread Line

There's nothing quite so dignified as waiting in line to beg the government to give you money. I'd consider going in again next week to try and get backpay for the $1500 or so that I was gipped out of last term, but I think I'd have a better chance of getting the earth to quicken its orbit. At least the people who work in the office are friendly.

Arrr, it be a new term! New classes! New people to not talk to me! Perhaps a new crush? Who knows. I'm taking more credits this time and have been invited to a few nerdly activities involving archaeology/anthropology as well as some veterans stuff, so maybe I'll manage to keep busy this term.

3 comments:

Amy said...

heh... new people NOT to talk to you... pft... tell them to kiss your floggin' molly lovin' b-hind.

happy new semester.
amy

Diane S. said...

So the good looking guy, will he be in the archeology/anthropology group?

And what else are you taking? This is important. I am vicariously reliving my college years through you.

Sara said...

Diane: I don't know! He might be! This is exciting! Especially in light of latest turn of events in Sara's life of which she will blog about later..... (dun dun DUN!!!)

Classes are as follows: Intro to Geology (w/ a lab), Cultural Anthropology, Environment & Society (Geography course as taught by a biology professor), and Applied Linguistics. Hooray and stuff. I already have reading assignments and as it's nearly ten o'lock, I should really do them!