Thursday, October 06, 2005

"Cuz baby, I'm an anarchist"

No, I haven't done anything anarchist today. In fact, I paid my bills, filed a claim with the VA, and worked on my apartment application. Against Me! is much more fun to listen to when it's blasting out the open windows of your car on a military base. Especially if you're singing along to "Baby I'm an Anarchist." Nope, sitting in the family room looking at the street just isn't the same atmosphere.
I'm trying a stress-free day today, as I think I've found an apartment. Problem is, everytime I look at the behemoth of an application I feel my blood pressure rising. Army bureaucracy meets VA bureaucracy meets civilian bureaucracy. None of it meshes and it always ends up with the little guy losing. I can't prove how much money I'm going to get in January or even if I'm going to get it at all. It's especially hard to prove how much if even *I* don't know! GI Bill is pretty well spelled out on the VA benefits page, but the Army College Fund isn't a VA program, thus it has no explanation on that page. The Army of course, offers about two completely unhelpful sentences on it. Methinks I'm going to get ripped-off. Won't be the first time, Army.

No comments: