Monday, October 31, 2005

Chillin' like a Willy

That's a quote from one of the local 'terps at at Shkin. I don't feel like explaining so go look it up. More than likely you'll just find some story about an ambush or a rocket attack... just as in-depth as anything else, I suppose. My buddy Tom said hi to this guy and he replied trying to use some slang, but Tom just didn't understand, "Uh, I don't speak Pashtu."

It's Halloween and I'm finishing up the bottle of Jameson my dad so generously bought for me and then drank most of. (NEVER END A SENTENCE WITH A PREPOSITION!) I sign my lease tomorrow and I'm hoping that if I'm all out of whiskey that my dad will buy me one more bottle before I have to be a boozehound on my own income. I wonder if the government knows that the majority of the money they give me is gonna go towards booze n' beer.

They sent me an email today! 'They' being a sergeant for the IRR, reminding me to update my address if I move. hahahaha. Just seeing it in my inbox made me frown, but when I opened it, the bold and italicized phrase caught my eye "you have already received mobilization orders" and I choked on my coffee. After catching my breath I read the rest of the sentence that said, "If you have already received mobilization orders, please let us know," and gave a huge sigh of relief. Appropriately, it arrived on Halloween!

Time with Tony was wonderful and entirely too fast. Those five days were over in an instant and now he's in Texas to spend time with his family before he heads back to Iraq.

The Johnny Cash movie is coming out soon!!!! And two -- TWO -- from George Clooney are due out in the near future as well. Suh-weeeeeeeeeet!!

No comments: