Monday, February 04, 2008

Oops

Even with getting up early, and planning ahead enough to get coffee and complete an essay test, I still ended up so discombobulated (holy shit I spelled it right first time!) that I thought I had another thirty minutes before my next class, only to realize that had started fifteen minutes earlier. Strange.

It's a busy week here. I'm finally moving out of the house with the crazy woman and into a house with friends. This is a huge sigh of relief for me, but now I have only a few weeks to move everything and clean (to my standards, which are probably far lower than the OCD housemate's) in between classes, papers, and midterms. There are a thousand things I want to do in the new place, but first and foremost is simply getting my stuff there and setting up a place to sleep. The least amount of time I spend in my current situation, the better.

Spent the weekend in Philomath, partly to get away from my house, partly to watch the Superbowl and partly to pick up the set of dishes I'd shoved in my parent's garage for a couple of years. For once everyone there was rooting for the same team, or rather, we were all rooting AGAINST the same team, as we all pretty much hate the Pats. Also, on the Giants was a kid that went to my podunk little high school, and while we weren't exactly friends, it was kinda cool to see someone I know make a hugely important catch in the Superbowl.

Wow, this is a boring post. Point is, I'm moving! YAYYYY! But I'm busy enough that I'm tired just thinking about the things I have to do. I mean, I have to write a 5-7 page paper on the inherent pessimism of the Norse/Icelandic mythology. While finding the inherent pessimism in things seems to fit my mood as of late, I am a bit worried with it being the first actual English class I've taken at college, and therefore the first one I've had in eight years. I feel like I should be a lot more awake and distraction-free to do this.

And finally, while on the subject of school, I am sick and damn tired of archaeology classes. They're all the same.. blah blah sample size, blah blah screen mesh width... I'm sick of it! But I still couldn't set up a site, even with the field school I did (which admittedly was mostly about drinking and fucking around on the beach), which means I probably have to take even more of them next term. At least I'm getting that stupid class out of the way that caused my original graduation date to be delayed by about a year. Turns out that now I don't want to graduate! haha. Yeah, I think I'm going to stay here as long as the GI Bill lets me. Why graduate? Just stupid jobs out there.

5 comments:

Meet Pi said...

1 stay in school as long as you can
2 avoid work at all costs
3 avoid crazy women (difficult to do. the world is full of them)
4 maintain a high level of inherent pessimism, not just about Norse/Icelandic mythology
5 fuck about on beaches and elsewhere whenever the opportunity arises
6 stay young forever

these are my recommendations for a reasonably sane life.

Honey! said...

Ooh! Your paper on Norse/Icelandic pessimism sounds intriguing. Keep me posted!

Middle Child said...

Onya Sara... thats the way to go. Tere will be little else given to you by way of education so get all you can while the going is good. You'll know when you have had enough... I love that word "discombobulated" still laughing my guts out...

ginaemory said...

Congrats on the move! Sounds like your old roomy was a miserable person.

School - YS had horrible grades last semester - the worst ever. Not because he didn't learn stuff or go to class. He did. He just didn't do homework because for the first time in his college career, he had a social life. He had a blast, but needs to learn to say "no, I have homework" when he's invited to do stuff. I think he learned his lesson. At least I hope he has. He can't have a repeat (basically all D's with one c+) or he won't graduate in December. As for you, if you have the money, keep going to school. I wish I could!

I've missed you Sara. I've been too busy to read many blogs, let alone post to my own. I plan to remedy that posthaste, starting with your blog, charlie's, mc's, and a couple of others.

Sara said...

Charlie - all your recommendations sound great. Not so sure how to implement the last one, though.

Honey! - "We're all gonna die at Ragnarok anyway, so fuck it." x five pages.

MC - please don't laugh ALL your guts out!

Gina - Hey, good to see ya. Don't worry, I've been really boring these past few months. And yeah, social lives are great, but hard to maintain while studying and writing papers.