There's something sad about watching TV on the couch, alone, while eating a bowl of cereal in the dark. Strangely, the sad part of it is the TV itself. If I'd just been sitting there by myself in the dark eating a bowl of cereal, the situation would have somehow seemed less pathetic. I was initially excited by this newfound access to cable TV, but now that I've lived here for the better part of six days, the novelty has worn off. Two minutes on a channel that isn't broadcasting cartoons is enough to make me stick my fingers in my ears and scream, "Aaaaagggghhhh! I don't live in this country! I don't know these people!" (The Family Guy I'll take credit for, though.)
Moving day tomorrow! I've exchanged babysitting hours for haul-shit-around hours, so I'll have help dragging my bed and books over here. Can't wait to see what the old housemate has done in my week long absence. The morning after I gave notice, she got up at five am and vacuumed, turned on the porch light that shines directly onto my bed and then banged the door next to my room several times, seemingly unnecessarily. The next day she emptied my shower, doused it in cleaning solvents and left a note that said, "My plumber friend tells me that using too much bleach will cause the sealants to corrode." What? Needless to say, I didn't use the shower again for fear of my feet melting.
OK, I promise to not complain about the old housemate again unless she does something really outrageous. Although if I'm not complaining about people, I really don't know what I'm going to write about, since I've been in such a blahhhh mood for the past.... 3 months? Sheez, I need to see the sun again or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Maybe you could leave a snake in her letter box or somat????
Post a Comment