Thursday, February 14, 2008

And there's more in the closet!

Yes, the curtain is tied back with a Timber Jim scarf. Yes, the curtain is actually a shower curtain. Yes, it's stapled to the wall. And yes, the walls have wood paneling. I never claimed to be MarthafuckingStewart, ok?


Whew, Tuesday's move was pretty exhausting. I was about to curl up into the fetal position motionless for several hours by the time this pic was taken. Thankfully, the boys made my bed for me. So what if everything is inside-out and backwards?


Then I remembered I had a soccer game that evening. We lost, there was one actual fight and multiple almost-fights, three blue cards (sort of like the penalty box in hockey/sin bin in rugby - two minutes on the sidelines, leaving your team short a player on the field) and one yellow. The yellow, I may have had a part in instigating. This giant, angry girl on the other team used her mass to move me out of her way on the path to goal, so I grabbed her arm as she scored. Only it got called back due to a supposed handball on her part. She was so incensed by this that she got in the ref's face and swore at him and threatened him, and then kept it up after he gave her a blue card. I don't know what it is about that Tuesday league that lends itself to raging tempers, but this certainly isn't the first time there have been some heated exchanges during a match. The people on both the teams I've played on there are truly nice outside the facility, are a delight to drink with afterward, and are at all the Timbers games with drums and flags, which is what keeps me playing with them, I think. It's just strange how they're such different characters when they're playing.

2 comments:

Middle Child said...

Sounds like fun...did you get a broken nose or what...its sport isn't it Sara? Love the picture of the kids on your bed... now thats sport.

Anonymous said...

what? You live with those kids now! Lucky! awww...i miss portland (sometimes)....