I am bored, bored, BORED.
It occurred to me while I sat here in my boredom, that I may be graduating in six months. No longer getting a government paycheck then, I would have to find a job. So, I went to peruse the job listings and immediately, began plotting ways to extend my time in school. Man, does the real world ever suck!
The only jobs I'm qualified for either involve guns and uniforms, and/or measure their vacation time in hours. Even dishwashers need experience these days. The entry-level archaeology work that's out there is stuff like "5 weeks in Georgia - no per diem", "3 weeks in Illinois. per diem $12." While living out of a suitcase and bouncing around the country without health insurance sounds like fun for, say, a year or so, I can't imagine doing it for very long. On the other hand, as I wouldn't be employed for more than a few months at a time, I could go on "vacation" whenever I pleased.
Also, I need to find a new place to live. I'm quite pleased with myself that I've managed to live with a woman who's owned her own place for longer than I've been alive without any major clashes. I really do have a lot of patience for odd behavior, but it's gotten to the point where I feel that I shouldn't have to live with an adult - one who's much more adult-y than me - who needs an explanation as to why hammering on the dining room ceiling at 12:30am is not an acceptable practice. Same goes for vacuuming (indoors and out??) at 11:00pm, and leaving the lawn mower running outside my window (where there's no grass!) at 6:30am on a Sunday. I've also never gotten used to the fact that everyone in the neighborhood has a key to the house and that they come and go whenever they want. It's like a train station, except that everything I own is in it.
Anyway, point is, if I move now I can actually get a place that requires a lease for a bit, especially if I stay the summer for an extra semester. Let's see, last summer they offered a class in Bond movies.... it'll be a productive extra time in school, no doubt!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
don't ever join the real world, sara, unless you are forced to do so at gunpoint, and even then...
I AGREE WITH OLD MAN OF THE SEA...
There is nothing "real" about the real world as you'd know better tham many... hope you find what it is you are looking for and hope it finds you too sooner rather than later...
Umm...what on earth is that woman vacuuming outside? And how old is she?
Honey!, the walls, duh. Doesn't everyone do that? And she's 60ish.
Your website is fabulous, of course. It made me laugh a lot!
Post a Comment