I'm pretty much a walking blood clot today. I really can't think of another time in my life when I've been so covered in bruises, save for maybe that one six-week period when I got to be arrested and searched several times a day.
The damage started on Saturday when Dude on Blue Team mistook my left thigh for the goal and rocketed no less than three shots into the exact same spot on my leg. Watching this bruise spread throughout my upper leg has been fascinating, really, and I was looking forward to showing it off to my teammates this weekend, but alas, it seems I have to miss the game for a going-away party.
Last night Flogging Molly played in Portland. Naturally, I went. Since I've seen this band umpteen times and have been obnoxiously sober at every show, I decided that pre-show drinks were called for. Plus, the shitty semester had just ended and it was Repeal Day. Repeal Day! Why haven't I celebrated this before? Why hadn't I even really HEARD of this before? You'd think the day Prohibition was repealed would become a holiday with more booze consumed than St Paddy's. On the trip between the Yammy and the Roseland, Tim and I were surrounded by a group of people that insisted we take buttons in honor of Repeal Day. Buttons! Mine says, "Drink to your Rights!"
In any case, the alcohol gave me the idea that I could hang out in the mosh pit the entire damn show and shove around large men without consequences. And even after the show as I trudged through the puddles and drizzle to wait for my bus it seemed like that plan had worked out.
But then I woke up this morning and couldn't straighten my leg. Seems like I was kicked just above the original bruise on my thigh, possibly doubling the size of it. It's right where the muscle flexes, too, so it's made its presence known all day. In addition, I have some of those awesome bright red bruises along both shin bones, my knee, and the tops of both feet. My shoulder is killing me and I don't know what's going on with my back, but there are sore spots all over it, too.
Thank god for Gatorade and Mexican food, though. Nothing kills a hangover quicker.
PS, The top of my head! I just scratched my head and IT'S BRUISED TOO! DAMMIT!!!!!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
"...that one six-week period when I got to be arrested and searched several times a day."
what???????????????????
anyway, nice to see the purple and red badges (badgers?) of honour being worn so proudly. how else would you know you'd had a good time?
Prior to the deployment to Iraq the brigade had to go through a training course with a bunch of different stations, like 'how to load, unload and fire a Mk19', and 'operate a radio'. My station was 'how to detain and search an enemy insurgent as painfully and humiliatingly as possible.' I was the insurgent.
ah! all in the interests of bringing 'mocracy to the heathens, so that's ok :o)
If Flogging Molly knew what you went through they'd be proud.
Honey! Remember when we went to Montreal to see them? That was a great show and a great weekend. I wish Montreal were closer. How's U-TAHH(!)?
Charlie, I thought about linking that statement with a blog entry from back then, but realized that my old blog posting were really whiney and lame and decided against it.
Sara, Sara, Sara... You's have made Boudaciae proud... bruises heal.... have fun!
Post a Comment