Monday, May 14, 2007

This job screens for criminal history, dignity

Can you imagine playing for an adult, nay, professional soccer team named the Raging Rhinos? Me neither. I'd have thought that was cool until about age nine, and then until eleven, I'd have thought it was funny in that it's-so-uncool-it's-cool sort of way, but that's the limit. Well, these Rochester guys put up with it. I suppose if I got paid an EPL salary, I could play on a team called the Pink Princesses with tutus for uniforms, and still be happy, but seeing as this is the USL, I suspect they're not making a whole lot of anything. Maybe they take consolation in that the opposing fans call them the Winos. I know that'd be my preference!

More things happened this weekend that I'd like to blog about, but right now I have to read a bunch of things. There are numbers involved. Bleh.

3 comments:

C said...

I like the fancy new look.

(and I probably should have posted this on the post about how you got a new blog look and all that. Oh well.)

C said...

and ps
I would pay to be on a team called the Pink Princesses, especially if pink tutus were involved.

Anonymous said...

The Glasgow Winos play in St Enoch Square every evening until about 1am. The ususally lose by some score or other. They have trouble with numbers too.