Gina tagged me earlier this week, so I supposed I'll get around to that now. The theme of this tagging is seven things about myself, I think.
1) "Just because you're better than me doesn't mean I'm lazy." -- Billy Bragg, "To Have and to Have Not"
Not entirely true for me. I'm not very good at much AND I'm lazy. I think I'm the laziest person I know. Maybe I just hang out with overachievers. In this respect I fit in pretty well in the army, which isn't as surprising as you might think: I only really do things in order to not get yelled at. Since every inaction in the army resulted in just that, I usually got things done. Here in Realityland, no one yells at me for procrastinating, half-assing, and generally just plain ol' not doing things.
2) Due to procrastination and last-minute technical difficulties yesterday, I missed the bus I needed to take in order to get to campus and turn in my (terribly written and half as long as required) paper by 4 o'clock. As a result, I bombed my way across town on my bike, smashing my previous record time by a third. I guess that means soccer and going to the gym really are doing some good. I even braved the downtown sections, changing lanes and passing buses during rush hour. Thoughts of the upcoming Timbers game and getting flattened by a car resulted in the chant, "you're goin home in a Portland ambulance," running through my head for the rest of the afternoon.
3) I really have pointed a loaded gun at someone and meant it. It was very weird. Most things in Afghanistan were weird, but I have to admit I kind of enjoyed it. (Afghanistan, not pointing guns at people.) This is not to say I won't throw the world's most gigantic hissy fit if I get recalled to go there or anywhere else.
Running out of ideas here, so I'll post more later.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
1. pft
2. haha
3. pft to guns (except when in Afghanistan)
Post a Comment