I have this really long paper that I've been stressing over the entire term, yet haven't actually started, that's due today. This post is really just one last gasp at procrastination. It's due at four, I'll be drinking whiskey by five, meet the guys at the Yammy at around six, and march down to the Timbers game sometime before kickoff at seven. There's another Timbers game on Sunday. Monday, Dad and I are going fishing.... somewhere. I haven't been privy to the exact time and location of this trip, so I can only hope it's still going to happen. My fishing pole has been looking lonely in the corner of my room since Christmas.
My paper is about cod. Pacific cod, to be exact. Mysteriously I get hungry whenever I do research on it. Heyy, how bout after I turn it in, I'll head to Kell's and have whiskey and a large hunk of battered cod and NOT see Wayne Rooney! Yeah! (still upset.)
Gina tagged me. I'll get to that.... sometime.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cod (and Rooney) move in mysterious ways!
tag schmag
And to prove it, Becks has been reaclled... yayyyyyyyy!
Pfft. So when's he coming here? Hopefully he'll arrive in time for the U.S. Open Cup final where the Portland Timbers will drub the LA Galaxy in front of a record-breaking crowd at PGE Park, which will have recently installed extra seating and a real grass field that even covers the dirt piles of the baseball diamond. I'll be there to celebrate winning $180 million in the lottery just prior to the match.
I didn't understand why the English gave him such a hard time last summer. Seems to me he just took crap all the while scoring goals and generally winning games for a team that didn't seem to really want to win anything. On the other hand, I was pretty pissed off that I got up at 5:45am to watch the first game and he scored while I was making coffee. I'm guessing the rest of the world didn't have that experience, though.
The English can't stand success, other than to use it as a target for brickbats. So Becks, who I have always rated very highly, gets it in the neck for others' failings. Shame about the coffee! Bad timing.
Post a Comment