Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ugh, Tuesdays

8:ooam class is killing me. I forgot my bike lock, so I had to turn around and get it. Instead of getting to school nice and early, I only had enough time to change clothes (I sweat like an obese man eating a hotdog) and not enough to buy coffee. So I sat through a 2-hour geography lecture on stuff that I would normally find fascinating, but instead I found myself focused on keeping my eyes open and not being too obvious when checking my watch every 3-5 seconds. I need to read some more about genetics for my next class but I still can't think and the coffee is too damn hot to drink. Arrgghh.

There's a guy in both of my Tuesday/Thursday classes who I am sure is former or current military. The interesting thing about him is that he wears these shirts with designs that look like bad English wallpaper (I know, I know, as opposed to good English wallpaper). It really seems like someone ripped off a parlor wall and turned it into a collared shirt - dark green or yellow with swirls of dark-colored flowers. They're hideous, but also rather amusing for my sleepy, bored self sitting behind him. Today, however, he's wearing a boring orange t-shirt that says something about Homeland Security. Boo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like securing the homeland wearing hunters orange! :>)

Good to see you my friend... Your writing style is subtle and quite funny..."as opposed to good English wallpaper" Hoooooo Agggghhh!

Anonymous said...

Okay, the compliment to your writing style followed much too closely the "...as compared-" reference.

I meant it not to sound so damned...odd?... It might sound like a cut, but I in no way meant it to be. Of course you knew this...Right?

Okay.

Carry on!

Middle Child said...

I really want to know, what's english wallpaper like? Is it all clumps of floral stuff...

way back in the early 1970's Don and I went to visit his mother's place...she had bought this pink and purple psychadelic wallpaper which was totally out of character for her... she was then about 50. We stood in front of it for a while trying to figure out what the pattern was...when slowly it hit us both that it was all swirls of barebreasted women... hundreds of them...sacre bleu...what could we say... "Oh how noice" she died in 1996 and we still have a little piece of that shockingly awful paper...a little memory of a long ago disaster if thats.

One Vet said...

ain't college grand?
beats shitting in a portajohn and dodging mortars

Sara said...

Yes, I am glad to be able to make such boring posts every now and then. And pretty much anything beats shitting in a portajohn, especially shitting in a portajohn with full battle rattle. OH god the horrors....

Diane S. said...

I have to speak up for English Wallpaper, if only for William Morris. After reading the commentary, I'd really love to see Middle Child's mother-in-law's wallpaper. What a kick in the head!

We should, each of us, be handed a cup of coffee the moment we open our eyes. I'm not suggesting this as an elitist thing. It should be a birthright of every human being. Said coffee should have the right amount of cream and sugar (which for some people will be none, and for me will be an obscene amount of both), and be the perfect temperature. It should be illegal to ask anyone to do anything prior to consuming that first cup of coffee.

Crime would go down. Johnny would be able to read. People would make better decisions at the polls, and would have done so long enough for it to actually matter what people do at the polls.

I vote we form a third party based on this, the coffee principle.

There should also be little pills you can take that make you clean, shaved, fix your hair and apply your makeup (if you wear any - somehow I suspect you - Sara - do not). If everyone had their first cup of coffee delivered to them upon awakening, this pill would have been discovered long ago. And it would be cheap.

Sara said...

"Solving Climate Change through Coffee!" - I love it! Add in little pills of instant beauty, and psychadelic, swirling-naked-women wallpaper and life might just be perfect!