Got my ballot today, filled it out and put a stamp on it. Just gotta get in the mail! Exciting! Now I've got to wait for the rest of the country to get their votes in. Hooray for absentee ballots!
I'm excited for the (hopeful) takeover of Congress by the Democrats. Excited and nervous.... they can't fuck this up. It's such an opportunity and there are so many things that need to get done right away.
Spent Saturday in my hometown dropping flyers on doorsteps in my old neighbhorhood. Once again the development of the large chunk of land in front of my house is on the ballot. It lost 4 to 1 last year, so I'm not sure how it got approved to get on the ballot again. My flyering partner graduated high school a few years before me and it was cool to get to talk to him. It's nice to hear that so many kids from that crappy little town have turned into such intelligent adults. It was an absolutely gorgeous day; perfect for walking around the hill.
I finally made it back to the Sunday session at the pub down the street. There were only a handful of musicians there and no mandolins, but it was lovely nonetheless. I was actually able to name a few tunes! Now I just have to learn to play 'em. :-)
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Let us never underestimate the Democratic party's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :-P
That was cautious optimism. In my wildest moments I have fleeting fantasies of a majority in both the House and the Senate and then impeachment with a conviction and BOTH Dick/Bush are thrown in jail for war crimes and then.... NANCY PELOSI IS PRESIDENT!!!
I really feel dirty after thinking these things. But I do feel slightly better after confessing. What's the secular equivalent of a Hail Mary? I have to read some Durkheim now. I'm sure that's at least close.
Do you play an instrument?
Peace.
Yeppers. I've played the trumpet since I was nine (although I haven't picked it up in a number of years), the guitar for ten years, and I just recently started playing the mandolin. Unfortunately, I learned this summer that while the mandolin is prominent in most Irish-American tradition music sessions, it's almost nonexistent in Ireland. In fact, some purists actually kind of have a disdain for it over there. Ohhhh well.
The Devil's Dream is beautiful on mandolin!
...that's all...
Post a Comment