There's something about the dark clouds on an overcast day against the green of the landscape that makes me want to walk. Ever since I was a little kid, when I'd plot my great run-away escape, it was always on these sort of days that those thoughts would pick up speed. While it happens quite a bit here in Oregon, the moodiness of the Irish landscape really gets me. Perhaps it's the lack of tall vegetation obstructing the view that allows for such an overwhelming feeling of being enveloped by the world; certainly, the addition of the ocean in such a scene has a sort of influence on the wanderlust as well. In any case, here are some shots of moody western Ireland.

View from the common room window.

Towards the end of the universe or just the end of the island?

Keem Bay, again. (it was in previous picture post)

There's a mountain in there - Mt. Croaghan, to be exact. The peak is about 2,100 feet up, on the left side. This is how it normally looked, though, covered in fog, particuarly on Sundays when I had the time and the desire to try and climb it. Stupid foggy mountain! Never got to hike the thing.
2 comments:
You have to have about 400% Celt in you. These days do the same to me. I just want people to leave me alone and let me brood, dream ,walk, be in a timeless place while I just soak it all in. The pictures are just amazing and I thank you for them. The worls still is a very beautiful place and I feel that if we let it it is there to heal and soothe us, but also to make us think and create...to love, make music and to enjoy being a little drunk.
Oh good times. I remember taking a few of those walks with you, plotting, plotting, plotting (maybe only as far as the next punk rock show up in PDX, right?)...Those nights still do it to me, and that's why I still find myself walking home to NoPo from deep SE. What is wrong with us? Really, you should try walking across Spain (I'm never going to let people forget that I did that...god dammit!). Fuck it, lets just go walk across Brazil next, okay?
Gorgeous pictures.
Post a Comment