I'm finally moving into Portland proper this week. Yippee! However, it's 95 degrees again today and only 65-70 tomorrow, so I may just put off the heavy stuff until then. The really heavy stuff I'll save for my dad this weekend, haha!
Speaking of haha!, Mayo beat Dublin in the semi-final for Gaelic football!!!!!! It was really exciting, although I would much rather have been back in my pub in Dooagh watching it. All the same, I was downtown at 7:30am with a bunch of expats watching the strangest, craziest sport I've ever witnessed. Most of the expats were Dubliners, several wearing jerseys, and ten minutes after the match they were still holding their heads in shock. hahahaha!!! Mayo wasn't exactly favored and it was an up and down game; at one point in the second half Dublin was up by 7 - a substantial lead - and everyone thought it was over. neener-neener!
Update: From the official GAA site, "...the Connacht champions held on to record a victory that will undoubtedly go down in GAA folklore as one of the greatest games in history."
In any case, my internet connection, much like myself, goes a little haywire when the temperature gets above 80, and since I'm moving into a house with no cable outlets, I'll have to switch to DSL and I don't know when I'll get it set up, etc etc. SOOOO, what I'm saying is, I may not be posting for a little bit. I'll get some more pictures up when I do, ok? Ok.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck with the move okay sara
Post a Comment