Bank Holiday was insane. I mean, insane. Insane as described by someone who has had projectile explosives launched at her. Insane in a way that one is not really sure if any of the events even really occurred and wonders if it wasn't all just a bad dream. Most of the details are too sordid for even my private journal (that will be updated when I'm alone on a mountain later this summer), so I won't really delve too far into it here.
In light of these traumatic events, I feel some optimism is in order. Here are a few points that I have to be optimistic about:
1. The girl who split half a bottle of tequila and ended up passed out in the bathroom with the door locked and caused the entire household to bang at the door screaming until eight in the morning WAS NOT ME.
2. There are two pubs in town I can still show my face in.
3. I stand a good chance of making it to my one year anniversary of getting out of the army, Sunday.
4. Many people have promised me free drinks on my Sunday "Freedom Fest."
5. The cancer my aunt was diagnosed with this week has most likely been removed entirely.
6. I went an entire 36 hours without drinking. Nevermind how long I was striving for.
7. Music at the pub tonight!
8. It's Friday. Again.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, we NEED to hang out when you get back! I'm getting tired of my boyfriend, Jack (as in Daniels).
WHAT?
Do be careful.
Congrats are in order on several fronts but especially your aunt! Great news!
Peace.
Post a Comment