Sunday, August 12, 2007

Early Morning/Late Night Revelations

1) I really, really like The Frames. They're a bit too acousticy/soft for me to admit that I enjoy on a regular basis, but lucky for you tonight I have no such concept as "too much information" or anything like it.

2) That really was me climbing on top of the baseball dugouts to swear at the atrocious referees after tonight's 0-0 draw between the Timbers and the Vancouver Whitec(r)aps. I could have sworn our manager gave me a huge grin as I took over the jawing for him as the refs entered the tunnel. Handballs galore, no understanding of the offside rule, and fear of handing out a second red card... it all makes me wish I wasn't such an over-sensitive pansy and hadn't quit refereeing when I was 15. Two things are preventing American soccer from being taken seriously right now: crap pitches and referees. Real grass pitches are unlikely to come about for U.S. soccer due to the cost of maintenance and the fact that in order to remain economically viable, MLS teams need to rent out their stadium for concerts and other non-soccer events. Refs on the other hand... there's no excuse. If there's training being given to 13-year-olds (the age I was when first sent to ref school), then there's absolutely no excuse for not knowing the intricacies of offside by the time one reaches the professional level.

3) Yeah, I probably drank your beer. If you remember my name I'll probably buy you another one.

4) PGE Park security are a buncha sweethearts compared to those assholes in Shittle. After said referees escaped down the tunnel the uniformed woman said to me, "Ok, that's enough now. Alright, c'mon now, let's go." They even let me back in to grab my sweatshirt! I'd be in King County jail right now if that'd happened last week.

5) I have grand intentions of getting up in time to bike down to the pub by 8:00am to watch the ManUtd-Reading match. Something has to make up for today's abysmal Fantasy League showing. It's 2:40am. Fuck.

6) I'm sorry. Whatever happened to you tonight, I'm sure I'm partly to blame. I didn't brew the beer, if that's any consolation.

7) They're long albums, "Burn the Maps" and "For the Birds", but I still like The Frames. Don't tell the punk kids, ok?

2 comments:

Middle Child said...

Sooo sorry. Why do I feel like laughing my guts out after reading your stuff? Its a curious phenomena....


but thanks for the laughs Sara... allways so much appreciated

Anonymous said...

i see becks finally made it onto the pitch and done good.