Thursday, January 04, 2007

2...007

Usually I do a Thank Yous and Fuck Yous list, but this year I didn't feel like it. 2006 was the best year of my life so far and I'm for once not dreading the upcoming one. But despite its greatness, there were a few things I coulda done without. The Mercury did a story called "Things not Invited to 2007" and I find it really funny, so here's my own version.

Things not invited back for 2007:

Damarcus Beasely - "DAMMIT BEASLEY!!!" could be heard echoing around my parents' neighborhood, shouted by either myself, my dad, or my youngest sister often last year. I hear he's doing quite well at Man City and he can stay there for all I care. Maybe by the time the next world cup rolls around he'll have learned how to finish and improved his attitude by about 200%. Oh, and most the rest of the U.S. National Team are also univited from this year, with the exception of Brian McBride and some of the subs that replaced Beasely.

Leonardo DiCaprio - He's up for awards. That ought to be reason enough to uninvite movie award awarders. If I have to hear one more commercial for "Blood Diamond" I will put the TV over someone's head. My dog could do a better accent than that worthless pretty boy.

US Airport Security - This ought to not require much explanation.

Oregon Liquor Laws - I shouldn't have to feel like a criminal when buying beer.


It's not all bad news, though. Things to look forward to in 2007:

TIMBERS!!!!! - April is SUCH a long way away. Nothing like beer, singing, and condoned shouting of obsceneties... oh, and soccer, too.

Living down the street from Movie Madness - possibly the best video store EVER.

Not having a single thing planned yet for Spring Break. Spain, maybe?

Six weeks off after summer school.

Pay throughout the year just for going to college.

Two new Daniel Craig movies!

2 comments:

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Loved your list, especially the DiCaprio bit! Hooooooo Agggghhhh!

Sara said...

Just keeping tabs. Man City is never on TV over here, for some reason. I pretty much just watch the game and cheer for whatever team seems to be playing the way I like at the time. This method has lead me to come to like Newcastle and Liverpool (despite Tall Guy) and to dislike Arsenal. I also like to watch Chelsea play, but I feel bad cheering for a team with so much money it seems unfair. I do think it's hilaaaaaarious how they fell apart without Terry. As a defender, it's nice to see that whiny superstar strikers can't do it on their own.