The only consolation I can take about the fact that it is now nine pm and I am only slightly further on my two papers than I was at nine am is that the last time I did this I pieced together what I thought was a phenomenally bad collection of writings and yet somehow received a 92. I think that my procrastination can be explained, at least in part, by some sort of weird perfectionism. Once I convince myself that I can turn in a paper that's simply average I can maybe go about getting it finished.
Yeah, that's it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Look Sara...even average is better than your President...maybe you have too high an IQ...dumb down a little and you'll fly through okay!
When I was in college, I turned all my papers - every one of them - into feminist diatribes. The great thing about this is that I got to quote the same books over and over, and could easily come up with the Radical Feminist View on X in a moment's notice.
I also made A's. I think I made A's because I could actually structure a paper, which was enough to knock most of the profs at the lousy school I went to off their butts, but I did make A's.
Post a Comment