I'm down at the parent's house. I've spent the past several hours drinking coffee and will continue to do so until the margaritas are ready. Dad said last night that he'd be dipping into the booze mix at noon, but here it is twelve-oh-four and we haven't started yet. Ugh. Mom is happily cooking away (she claims that Thanksgiving is really pretty easy, except for the yams. Dad and I would revolt, though, if it weren't for the yams, so she continues to make them for us.), lil'est sis is playing video games and I'm wandering around the house in my pajamas. Last time I saw Dad he was heading out to do "yardwork" in all of his camouflaged hunting gear that I guess doubles as raingear. As to what sort of work one does in an Oregon yard in November remains a mystery, but as always Dad is endlessly amusing in his eccentricity. I'm sure the neighbors agree.
Best news of the day is that I've found the large book of CDs that I thought I had lost forever. I freaked-the-fuck-out last week when I realized I hadn't seen it in months. I emptied every box in the basement and was convinced that I had accidently thrown it away the last time I moved. I even went and bought the Clash Live from here to Eternity CD again. Well, now I have two copies of that great CD and a whole bunch more songs to add to my ipod! Yay!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment