Today I got up and cracked open one of those giant chemical filled energy drink things in preparation for heading back to my old apartment to finish the cleaning and dump out the mounds of trash. As I cracked open the can, however, I remembered that I'm supposed to be here during the block of time the DSL-installer-man is here. That window of time? 8-5. Cuz I don't have anything better to do for nine friggin' hours in the middle of the day. How do working people deal with this? Sheesh, I'm just an unemployed bum and I have problems with it.
Anyway, this hopefully means that in, at most, six and a half hours, I will be able to view everyone's blogs properly; ie, the pictures actually show up, comment boxes load and Explorer doesn't crash everytime it has to load something larger than 100kb. Freeeeeeeeeeeedom!!! (speaking of which, Charlie! Did you take Amy to see the hideous Mel Gibson statue that's encased in a metal cage? It says "FREEDOM!" on it. I was too horrified at the time to take a picture, but now I wish I had.)
My housemate is going to California for a week starting this afternoon! Hooray! Not that I have a problem with my housemate, it's just that for a week I can play my mandolin without embarassment, destroy the kitchen in an attempt to bake, and load the remainder of my stuff, making a horrendous mess in the process. And I'll have time to clean it all up before she gets back!
Oh yes, and a quote. This book called The Good Rain by Timothy Egan, is assigned for one of my classes and like the nerd that I am, I've already started reading it. And, like the nerd that I am, I already like it. Here's an example of why: "Sunshine? That's for people who think salmon sprout from bagel factories in Iowa and come with little umbrellas." Ahhh, I love the northwest!
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment