Friday, July 07, 2006

Galway

I'm so so tired. The journy here was nearly 24 hours in length and fraught with layover crises, fake bombs, real explosions and hours and hours of sitting. Ya see, some asshat left his rucksack unattended at the Dublin airport on the anniversary of 7/7, so the airport police called in the army and they evacuated the airport and blew the thing up. I was one of the 12,000 lucky individuals adversely affected by all of this and I spent the two hours sitting on a plane that was itself sitting on the runway. Turns out, it wasn't really a bomb. But at least something blew up. It's like David Spade's joke that when he gets stuck in horrendous traffic out of nowhere he thinks, "there so better be an accident." Yeah, I guility think the same thing. You probably do, too. Well, I was thinking during this whole incident, "there had so better be a bomb to justify all of this."

They didn't open the roads around the airport for another hour, so all the people who had been arriving for the previous three were waiting in their cars or in front of the bus. When the floodgates opened cars and double-decker buses rushed into Dublin, screwing up traffic for the rest of the day. Thank god I've been there before or I'd probably still be trying to figure out what in the hell was going on.

Oh, and fuck the fucking Chicago airport! I swear, I would fly to fucking Heathrow just to get to Florida to avoid O'Hare. It's that bad. Admittedly, the problems started off in Seattle when they wouldn't check me all the way through to Ireland, requiring me when I got to Chicago to pick up my luggage, check in at the front counter and reenter security all in an hour and a half at one of the world's largest airports. Yeah. That's gonna happen. The gate was already closed by the time I got my bags and I spent 20 minutes standing in the AeroMexico line instead. By the time things were figured out I had to sprint to the gate and ran in as the doors were closing. Miraculously, my luggage made it, too!

But anyway, I'm really tired and it's only 9:45 on a Friday night. Booooooo. Tomorrow it's off to school!

3 comments:

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Sounds eventful from the get go my friend... Good luck with this semester...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»