Feeling somewhat better, yet not the least bit interested in attending my geology lab this afternoon. Those rocks smell, believe it or not!
There is a huge immigration rights rally outside. I like huge rallies! We were even excused from class if we so desired to participate. I assumed, and was right, that there would be plenty enough other people showing up that my presence wouldn't really be required.
Oo, my favorite DavidT stopped by! Tell me again how I've attracted a British wingnut? Seriously, I don't understand. Hey, David, ya know you don't have to be a U.S. citizen to serve in our military, right? ENLIST ALREADY!!
Hot Guy sighting today! Hooray! I wish he would cut his hair, though. Ah well, he is still hot. In fact, short of gouging his eyes out, I think he'd be hard pressed to NOT be attractive.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Sara,
You are a real caution my friend.
Better to be eyeless, I suppose, than clueless as the leader of the freeworld!
Have we been given an email address for David T at anytime? I'm thinking the time is ripe to swamp him with enlistment informatio.
The pro-war left? That would include...? David T and Senator Liberman?
I wish _I_ had a pet wingnut. I would pet him and squeeze him and call him "george"...
I went back and looked at the most recent -- I think -- posts from David T. It seems rather like sarcasm, vice genuine wingnuttery: "...desk job in the green zone (sic)should our security or helicopters be arranged."
If I hadn't heard so many genuine wingnuts saying things like that, I'd be skeptical too. :-/
The DavidT that posts here may be a parody wingnutter, but DavidT does exist over a place called Harry's Place (can't remember the link) which really is full of the Pro War Left, which really exists. They even have some ridiculous thing called the Euston Manifesto stating their positions on everything. Basically, they're pro-war socialists and about as batty as you can get.
Gene, I can't seem to leave comments on your site! Tech difficulty? It gives me an error message and says that it cannot post the comment.
Sara, I checked my blog's administration menu and found your comment from May 2nd (14:20). It shows up just fine now. Comments do not show up on my blog until I approve them; the error message I cannot explain. As for "Harry's Place", it's at this URL. What exactly is your issue with this blog and the Euston manifesto?
My issue is that originally DavidT came over here demanding to know how many people I killed in Afghanistan and then made some speech about 'the greatest march of freedom'. I followed his link and was surprised to find a whole slew of British Socialists who support the war in Iraq to the point where they felt the need to write an entire manifesto on it. What galls me is that none of these people believes in their war enough to fight in it. And I think anything entitled a "manifesto" is absurd. But then, that's just me.
With regard to demanding to know how many people you killed in Afghanistan, that is in rather poor taste -- even as a joke. As for the Euston Manifesto, I read it and found this quote: "The founding supporters of this statement took different views on the military intervention in Iraq, both for and against." It does not seem to me that it is a statement of unequivocal or, indeed, vigorous support for the current military campaign in Iraq, merely a benign, if unrealistic, wish for Iraq to be a democracy. The rest of the manifesto seems to me, at least, to have very little to do with the war in Iraq as such -- or am I missing something?
Chances are I didn't make it all the way to that quote. I was so enraged with the site, the comments and the idea that people who started a war have enough time on their hands to write up a friggin manifesto about it that I snarled my way through a paragraph or two and decided to do something more worthwhile. Like nothing. The day of those comments DavidT also had a lengthy (and I mean *lengthy*) post anaylyzing the political leanings of Morrissey and the implications of David Cameron having him on his playlist. He's definitely doing too many important things to go to Iraq. Kudos to your patience!
I stopped letting myself get enraged over stuff on the Internet a long time ago. Certain information may be significant to some, but it is not so significant to me that I should lose sleep over it. The snakes make that enough of a problem as it is. Everyone may be entitled to their opinion, but not everyone is entitled to my attention.
Post a Comment