Monday, May 15, 2006

Too hot to sleep

It was 97 here today. In Oregon. In May. The planet is truly sick.

As I walked into my sweatbox of an apartment, already drenched in sweat, I decided that today was officially the first day of gin and tonic season. Being poor, I haven't had much in the way of hard liquor, so one and a half drinks had me going pretty good. In my defense, the second drink was nearly half gin, as I refused to turn on any lights in the kitchen, lest I heat the house anymore. The lead me on a quest to find pictures. Don't ask me how or why. I then took a half a dozen rolls of film, possibly more, down to the store to have put onto CD. That's right, pictures going all the way back to Korea, possibly Monterey/Texas, will be available in a digitized format as of WEDNESDAY NIGHT!! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! ...Or not, as there will be much posting here when it happens. I think.

It's 11pm and 79. I'd like to get some sleep tonight, dammit!

2 comments:

Diane S. said...

Oh goodie! Pictures are coming!

My calendar is marked!

Middle Child said...

Hot...well warm enough. My mum told me that once it was so hot, that when she got back home from a night time stroll, because her old house was too hot ( I remember it being so hot that the lounge chair was uncomfortably warm even in the evenings)she didn't turn on the lights in the kitchen but just went out there and picked up what she thought was a bottle of pineapple cordial ( mum unlike all of her five daughters was a teetotaller)...up it went and glug glug glug bdesparate with thrist she had three swallows of liquid dishwashing detergent before she realised...

Then she turned on the lights, rang the doc and asked "What should I do?" He said to just wait and see... we laughed ourselves silly at our poor old mum about that...so please please please turn on your lights before you hit the gin okily dokil.