Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Off to Europe

Well folks, I'm off to a well deserved vacation to the British Isles that will take me to England, Scotland and Ireland. Fuck yeah. I leave tomorrow at some ungodly hour that starts with a 3, and I don't get there until about 18 hours later, real time. Hopefully, I'll be able to update this fairly regularly along the way. Most of the hostels seem to offer internet service, but we'll see.

Tony called from Kuwait for an update. The Sergeant Major is this a never-been-deployed MI troop who feels he needs to make up for his lack of tactical experience by having his soldiers do ridiculous, unnecessary activities to compensate. For example, even though local SOP requires soldiers to remain indoors during the middle of the day, due to the extreme heat, CSM decided that the best way for soldiers to acclimatize was to wear their gear on the bus rides to and from the ranges. Not such a bad idea, except the AC breaks... in the middle of the day. The heat and the gear caused soldiers to vomit on the bus which then caused a chain reaction of puking, which are common on airborne missions, but even then you have at least airsick bags. So instead of acclimating, now you have a bunch of heat injuries. And as we hear year after year, getting a heat injury causes one to become MORE likely to suffer from one again. So now they've regressed. Way to go, Sergeant Major. Too bad there aren't any more promotions in the enlisted branch for you.

Off to finish some last minute details. Bye everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping the world safe for bloggers
I've never been much of an activist. I lack that certain species of self-regard necessary to join the army of collar-tearing St.
nice.

I also have find a asbestos lawyer site/blog. It pretty much covers asbestos lawyer related stuff.