Thursday, July 07, 2005

London's Burning

...And the people are at the pub. I love the Brits. If this were in America, there'd be hysteria, finger-pointing and probably a bombing campaign underway. I wish them all the best of luck and I can't wait to get over there soon! I had a layover at Heathrow once and that just doesn't count as actually having been to England. Now that I'm getting out of the army (keeping my fingers crossed!) and have a friend stationed in the north, I'm definitely going to spend some time there.

I don't know why I'm so outrageously tired this morning. I have things to do - iron and shine, which I thought I'd never do again with the new uniforms, but this unit I'm moving to hasn't receive those yet - and I know someone's going to pound on my door and demand to know why I haven't moved out yet, and then they're going to come in and see how disgusting this place is and have a coniption. God, I can't wait to live someplace where my boss doesn't have the authority to come over any time he pleases and tell me to clean my microwave.

Question: Is it considered ok in England/rest of Europe to have a pint at lunch? If I were to get caught having a drink at lunch, after the screaming and pushups I'd probably have counseling, referrals to therapy and be forced to give the annual Army Substance Abuse Prevention class. We Americans are entirely too uptight about alcohol.

No comments: