Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Stuff

I finally added some links. It's not the full set I used to have, but the new template restrictions require you to add links one at a time, not just cut and paste in a list. Anyway, please let me know if there's something else I should have over there.

School starts tomorrow. I guess I'm looking forward to it. I did pretty shitty last term, and I'm disappointed in myself. It's hard to get motivated when there's no need for me to be there. I'm just killing time until the GI Bill runs out and my last required class is offered. This term I signed up for a ton of credits, giving me the flexibility to drop a couple of classes if they start to piss me off. I made the mistake last term of registering for the minimum and it came back to bite me in the end.

2007 was pretty meh. Not bad, not great... moving on! The new year is sort of an arbitrary division, I've always thought. It's right in the middle of the school year, the fiscal year, and although close, it's not even at the solstice. It's near the beginning of winter, but here in Oregon, it's the same damn shit from November (at the latest) to March (at the earliest). Just have to remember to write the date differently on my checks.

I used to do an annual list of Thanks Yous and Fuck Yous, but now that I don't have First Sergeants and Colonels ruining my life, things aren't exciting enough to warrant such a thing. In fact, things aren't very exciting at all right now. Meh.

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

"Thanks Yous and Fuck Yous" ha ha ha ha... soooo funny Sara...needed a laugh today thanks... you gotts admire the way we girls talk sometimes . This is a classic.

Funny our Universities and colleges here don't go back till late February because Jan and Feb arte so hot and holidays for the intelligentsia and the politicians....