Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Headphones

...were invented for blocking out park preachers.

[On a related note, Bad Religion: I love you. You make sense in times of elections and war. "See, it's only entertainment."]

I sat next to an Mmm-er in my sociology class today. Every now and then when the instructor would say something significant he would "Mmm". It wasn't an agreement or a disagreement, I don't think, more like a verbal highlight. I really hate it when I order a cheapo used textbook only to find all the text underlined or colored in yellow and pink with someone else's idea of what was important. Turns out I don't like it out loud either.

Other than that, my classes are alright this term. Lots of reading, no classes on Tues/Thurs, giving me time (theoretically) to study, find a new place to live, and to move my stuff. I've got a couple places in mind, both of which are near my friends' house and right next to the park where we used to play soccer on the weekends, before we all became inexplicably lazy and quit showing up. Oh, and there's a great cafe/coffeeshop nearby; breakfast in walking distance is essential.

My housemate isn't talking to me for some reason (maybe she read my blog?). Girls in middle school used the Silent Treatment to various ends, but as I've never been very good at being a girl I didn't understand what those ends were. My housemate, however, IS good at those sort of things, so I suspect she means something by it, but again, I don't know what. I am, though, enjoying the ability to sneak off to the bathroom without having to be engaged in conversation for once.

3 comments:

Middle Child said...

Sounds lik alls well. Don't worry too much about your flat mate...her probleme not yours. Just be Sara.

Honey! said...

Ha ha, DRAMA. I pulled the silent treatment to a bitchy roommate over the summer since she was too crazy to talk about things without yelling. It wasn't too mature of me, I guess, but it was entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Girls are rubbish. Women are quite nice though, in the main.