(19 credits X 8 weeks) + social life = exhaustion, possible impossibility.
Holy crap I'm tired. I was only home for a total of about one hour this weekend, thanks to an eight-hour class on Mt. Hood and fulfilling an agreement with my parents to check on their cats/garden while they are galavanting around the Canadian Rockies. Immediately after the mountain class, I bussed home to grab the only thing I really needed for the 80-mile trip south: a book for the paper that was due Sunday. I didn't even need to bring a toothbrush, just the book. It would really suck if I didn't bring the book, since I had to drive home and had planned on watching the Timbers game Sunday evening. Yeah, I forgot the goddamn book. Plus, there was no food in the house, barely any coffee, the hotwater was shut off, the note with instructions was swept under the table and I didn't find it until Sunday morning, the cats took 45 minutes to locate and I stepped on some sort of fur/shitball in the doorway. It was also the annual Philomath Frolic and Rodeo, an event that totally destroys a perfectly neat word like "frolic" by making it into an event about rednecks and really bad music. Said bad music was reverberating around the valley that night and accompanied by the near nonstop wail of sirens (no doubt picking up the drunks leaving the rodeo) that kept me awake even after I'd managed to get to bed.
I didn't get out of there until 1:30 on Sunday, and got caught in traffic on the freeway, further adding to my delay. I elected to go to the Timbers game, rather than attempt to write a shitty paper moments before the deadline. Turned in today, it's only ten points off. I think I can live with that.
The game was a lot of fun, even if I had to guzzle diet coke in order to stay awake in the beginning. The team was playing the California Victory for the fifth and final time this season, and the for the second time in three days. Everyone is sick of them, even if we keep getting points. Somehow the Losers scored first and there was confusion in the stands. But right before halftime the score was evened up. Then, midway in the second half, substitute David Hague came in and almost before anyone knew he was on the field, scored a goal. 20 minutes later and he had a hat trick. Hague is a rookie and brings with him an awesome Geordie accent a even more awesomer scoring ability. Hooray, we have an offense! Apparently, this is the first hat trick this season for the LEAGUE, let alone the team.
Speaking of, We're on top of the league and we're takin a piss!
Wow, last year I didn't see the Timbers score a goal, let alone win a game. This year, we're undefeated at home and on top of the league! Sadly, I've just discovered that my trip to Ireland will coincide with the semi and quarter finals for playoffs. I will, however, be home in time to catch the championship. :)
Ok, have to write a paper and ride my bike around N. Portland taking pictures. Sounds kinda fun but also tiring. Too bad I can't fake picture taking.
One more thing: Figures that my first time on TV I'd have a beer in my hand. And no, I'm not telling you where I am. From the Friday match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
is that Stereo MCs in the background? oh, and fur/shitball is a good reason to get rid of those cats.
I dunno! I thought it kinda sounded like Leatherstrip, with less doom and gloom.
Que? Are you in the ppiccie..please gis us a hint?
Something I forfot...please please don't drink diet coke or any other drink sweetened by artificial sweeteners...I am not a health nut but know enough about that crap to know its bad news. Just have the sugar at least its natural...
at least have a quick look at this...many years back I drank the stuff, but most Australians just don't drink the quantities...
http://www.mercola.com/forms/sweet_misery.htm
Post a Comment