...now that I've finally gotten around to starting it (it's 3). The Oregon Brewer's Festival is going on down at the waterfront, and then in the evening the Timbers are playing a friendly against Preston North End. Unfortunately for the latter event, I don't have tickets, and because I can't just buy a general admission ticket and sit where I please like in a normal match, I'll probably end up seated next to a buncha soccer moms and their kids, which means there'll be no standing, singing or swearing. Booooo. Plus, not a single one of my friends and family who would like to go can make it. But it should be a good game, anyway. PNE is bound to be sick of losing on this tour, and Portland will be loathe to end their undefeated-at-home streak (the entire season so far, including friendlies) to a team that just lost to Seattle (and if you were wondering how Timbers' fans feel about Seattle, it starts off with "build a bonfire..."). Plus, I'm not sure how I feel about losing to a team that plays in the Coca-Cola League, is called the Lilywhites, and has the mascot of a lamb. But hey! one time they won the Double! ......in 1889.
I was extremely tired this morning, and a bit paranoid that I'm going to die of food poisoning due to the nearly raw burger I ate half of last night (oh god, that isn't tomato?), but I had work to do, so I rearranged some cables so that I could work on my laptop from bed. Sadly, there seems to be something wrong with my lappy and it won't download stuff or run new programs, so I had to get up and run the desktop anyway. Oh well, the Brewfest runs through tomorrow, I guess. I played a lot of soccer this week, and all of the teams I've played with like to go out afterward and nullify the good effects of exercise by drinking a lot of beer, so this week I've been getting more and more dehydrated. Maybe a day off would be good.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Soccer was about the only sport Don ever really played and was famous as a kid for kicking a goal for the other side...his big sisters running up and down the sidelines screaming "encouragement" I didn't know Soccer was played much in the US...shows what I know
As far as adults go, MC, you're pretty much right. Most kids play soccer until they're old enough to play American football, basketball, hockey, whatever. Portland is known as Soccer City, USA so it's a bit of an exception when it comes to the sport. Americans tend to view soccer as a girl's sport. They don't know what they're missing!
Post a Comment