School so far hasn't been that bad, despite the overload of credit hours. (Perhaps I shouldn't speak too soon, as I haven't been to all of my classes yet) I got a new ID card, a transit pass, verified my military benefits, and added a minor all in about twenty minutes. Any other time of the year, I'd be lucky to accomplish just one of those tasks in that amount of time. The buses aren't as crowded and Screaming Jesus Man of the South Park Blocks doesn't have a large enough audience to bother preaching.
I am slightly disappointed with my soccer class. I was really looking forward to playing outdoor soccer again, to shoot at a real goal, to have that wonderful feeling of booting a ball further than three lines and higher than twelve feet. I wanted corner kicks and throw-ins and offside traps. Instead, we're playing indoor soccer outside. That is, there are no high balls allowed (like, over three feet in the air), only three touches at a time, and the goals are little plastic cones five feet apart. Supposedly, this is for the inexperienced players' benefit. I don't know though. I learned to play soccer by...playing soccer. I fail to see how playing a different game is really going to help anyone. Sigh. At least it's sunny out and I get to experience running around on a real fake turf field (it's hot and these little rubber pellets get in your shoes and socks).
.....and a wave of fatigue just washed over me. Ehhhh, back to class again.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh to be able to run again, fast and hard, tackling and kicking and sliding and fizzzzzing that ball into the top left hand corner. sigh
Ah could never dooo that...but swam like a fish...mujst be the hot weater down under
I got put in swimming lessons with a buncha four-year-olds when I was eight, and was the only one of the group to fail. I hate swimming. I do like standing in the water and playing in the surf. Oh, and I like boats simply because if I'm standing on one, I'm not in the water and thus not drowning. And I like not drowning.
Post a Comment