Saturday, June 23, 2007
Empathy vs Hilarity
On the one hand, this makes me feel immensely better about my own soccer skills. hahaha the international star whiffs it! On the other hand, I'm plagued with this terrible thing called "empathy" and I want to go hide under the covers every time I see it.
We can all agree, however, that North American soccer did not gain any credibility yesterday. Fouls were egregious, coaches made head-scratching substitutions, and the refereeing was absurd. The final against Mexico is on Sunday, to be played in Chicago. Despite this location, how much ya wanna bet the ratio of Mexico fans to U.S. is somewhere between 2:1 and 3:1?
I want them to do well. I really do. They just make it so damn difficult!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you gotta laugh at stuff like that. it IS funny. the banana-skin kind of funny. and, as in footy, so in life generally, no?
i lurrrrve egregious fouls :o)
Post a Comment