Wednesday, May 03, 2006

pleasant surprises

Today I was to find out two grades from recent work: one, a geology test that I was hoping to eek a C out of and an anthropology paper for which I had high hopes of an A. It turned out that the geology test had more questions that I was originally counting from and so my C- was actually a solid B! Woohoo! Thinking that two good things couldn't possibly happen in the same day, I was anxious for the return of the anthro paper. The prof (just an instructor! he insists) then proceeded to scare the shit out of everyone in the room by writing the distribution of grades on the board: a piddly 13 As, a scant 15 Bs, a large group of 30 Cs, and 25 depressing Did Not Do Assignment (oh, they *did* the assignment, but apparently it wasn't anything like what he was looking for. I'm fairly certain that this is what my archaeology final grade was.). I was nervous. An eternity later I got my paper to find. . . an A! Wooohoooooooo!!!!!! I should quit while I'm ahead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left this out of the comment thread at the other post: congratulations!

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Stay ahead! Congrats on the A! Keep marching forward, Sara! Have a great weekend! Peace.

Middle Child said...

So good...but you didn't get it by just being lucky...you got the A and B by using your noggin and working... all power to you.

C said...

I hope you realize that your smarts have little to do with you and everything to do with the fine Philomath education you received! Remember the PMS jokes? hahaha..eh

Diane S. said...

Hey! This is good news indeed!

(Sorry, I'm obviously behind on your blog, an am reading my way down.)