Monday, September 26, 2005

Home

Home home home. Well, somebody's home at least. My parents think of it as home, as well as my youngest sister. It's enough of a home for me that I actually swept the floor yesterday to clean up the dog hair. Cleaning, in case you didn't know, isn't something I do regularly. My mom even asked me, with genuine concern and curiosity, "What are you doing?" when I had the broom in my hand. Perhaps she thought that I had spilled something everywhere and I was trying to hide the evidence. I also bought a pet hair roller, which is a slightly more sturdy version on a lint roller. As much as I love my pets and love to pet them, I HATE having fur all over me, so I've rolled my clothes and linen through two sheets of sticky already. Perhaps today I'll vacuum! (I HATE VACUUMS!!!!)
Today is one of those dangerous times where I could simply do nothing at all, like a day on summer vacation in middle school. However, that's a trap I feel I could fall into all too easily. I need to be looking for apartments in Portland so that I can settle in and get on with my life. It's just so beautiful out that I want to go for a bike ride, take the dog for a walk, read a book in the sun, help out at soccer practice, have a Murphy's on the porch, cook myself breakfast again... anything but actually sitting down and doing what I need to do. Tell me to get crackin'!

No comments: